Strangford Lough Yacht Club is situated in Whiterock Bay, close to Killinchy and with unparalleled access to Strangford Lough, the premier location in Northern Ireland for sailing and boating. We sail all types of boats at the Club, including Dinghies, classic wooden boats, Cruisers as well as motor boats. We are also developing our facilities for other watersports such as Kayaking, Skiffs and Swimming, so if you are interested in joining, please contact us as we are more than happy to show you around.
Membership gives you full access to the Club’s facilities, with boat storage, parking and boat launching all made easy. You are also able to join in as a crew member or take courses to improve your sailing and power boating skills. If you do not have a boat of your own, you can hire Laser Bahias from us.
The Club has an exceptionally strong Cadet section with the long established Sunday Sailing @ SLYC and lots of sailing throughout the school holidays. This includes training, instruction and race development from the age of 8, with RYA trained instructors teaching in a very safe environment.
The Club has a full and active programme of events, both water based and social which carries on throughout the year. You can race on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturdays from the Club as well as participating in events organised around the Lough such Regattas or more relaxed social musters.
Current categories of Membership are:
• Ordinary – Members who are 18 years of age and over, with discounted rates for those under 30 years old
• Family – Members who are parents or guardians with children under the age of 18
• House – Use of Club limited to shore based facilities and swimming, no voting rights
• Cadet Members – Members who are under 18 years of age
• Outport – those who reside outside of Northern Ireland
• Temporary – we also have a range of temporary Membership categories for visitors and crew, please ask the office for further details
Please click below to download our 2020 Membership Application Form: